I’m starting a 30-day heavy metals detox today. [January 12, 2019]
I also found Alexander Bloom’s experience fascinating.
Here’s everything I’ll be taking for the next 30 days.
This list is based on Steve Pavlina’s protocol; I’m using his descriptions of the items below. For a more in-depth overview of the detox, see Alexander Bloom’s article.
- Liv-on Labs liposomal glutathione (detoxes all toxins, especially heavy metals) – one packet per day
- Liv-on Labs liposomal vitamin C (supports overall detox process, helps remove heavy metals, prevents damage) – one packet per day
- Liv-on Labs R-ALA (boosts glutathione, detoxes heavy metals from the brain, boosts energy levels) – one packet per day
- Nascent iodine (detoxes many toxins including fluoride) – 5 drops per day
- Zeolite / Natural Cellular Defense (binds with pesticides and herbicides) – 5 drops a day
- Ionic Zinc – about 1/2 tsp per day
- Microsilica (a powerful binder for toxins) – 1/10th gram per day
- HealthForce’s Liver Rescue (herbs to detox liver and kidneys) – 2 capsules per day
- Chanca piedra (herb that dissolves kidney stones, turns urine green when kidney stones are breaking down) – one tablet per day
- Raw Food World’s chlorella tablets (algae that binds to heavy metals in intestines) – 25-50 tablets per day
- Ancient Minerals magnesium oil (helps move toxins out of the body, good for mood boosting if you have emotional issues while detoxing) – spray all over the body, rub into skin, wait 20+ minutes, then shower or wipe off residue with a damp cloth.
I’ll be mixing all of the liquid items with about 4oz of fresh-squeezed orange juice, or water with lemon juice. I’ll drink the “detox cocktail” first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, with the capsules/tablets; or alternatively, take it right before bed.
As preparation for the detox, I haven’t had any caffeine or alchohol for the last 18 days, and I won’t be taking any caffeine or alcohol during the detox. That way the results of this experiment are not skewed by any stimulants.
The goal is to see how I feel after the detox. Specifically, I want to find out if I feel any boost in mental clarity after 30 days of taking these substances.
I’ll update this post after the detox (mid-February 2019). I might post some updates along the way, too, if I have anything interesting to share.
Feel free to join me in this experiment 🙂
Update Feb 11, 2019
I completed the 30-day detox yesterday. Will post an update soon and report back on how I feel after the detox.
Update Mar 1, 2019
I posted a short update in my monthly review.